Sunday, March 1, 2009

Obligatory first post excitement!

Huzzah! A blogspot all my own! I will love it and squeeze it and call it George! Although actually, I rather prefer to call things Billy. And just so this isn't a cop-out boring "Look at me, I'm on the internet!!!" post.... Look at me! I'm on the internet!!!

But if you thrust your fists against the post and still insist you see the ghost, here's some sketchy things of what I'm working on right now. Because who doesn't like a fun in-progress?




I've got this FANTASTIC book called "Noisy outlaws, Unfriendly Blobs, and Some Other Things That Aren't as Scary, Maybe, Depending on How You Feel About Lost Lands, Stray Cellphones, Creatures from the Sky, Parents Who Disappear in Peru, a Man Named Lars Farf, and One Other Story We Couldn't Quite Finish, So maybe You Could Help Us Out." ...Yeah, with a title like that, you know you're in for some sort of awesome madness. Anyway, there's a story in it called "Grimble," in which a young boy named Grimble is left at home for a week while his parents go and explore Peru. They leave him an oven full of sandwiches, which he accidentally melts, and so is forced to go to the homes of his 'emergency contacts,' who also just happen to all be out of town, for some reason. One of the places he goes to is his Aunt's apartment, where he learns how to cook potatoes and writes a note with a fork that is, quite sensibly, also a pencil. I chose the top right thumb sketch from that page-o-sketches right there because I was most excited about that scene. Then I made a larger pencil sketch, which I just finished inking yesterday.



Now, clever you probably noticed a distinct lack of chair in this inking. Fear not, dear reader, for the chair is yet to come! Will she be able to draw a chair in at the right perspective? Will there be colors?! Will she meet the deadline?!?!? Stay tuned for another thrilling episode of Kat's Blog to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment